Triple sheeting is an easy way to make your short-term rental feel like a five-star hotel. Not only does it give you a clean and fresh look, but it also saves you time during turnover. Here’s how to get the perfect triple sheeting technique:
Step 1: Gather your bedding
Before you start, make sure you have all the necessary linens. Here’s what you need:
- Three sheets: You’ll need two top sheets and one fitted bottom sheet. These should be the same size as your bed (twin, queen, king, etc.).
- Pillowcases and pillows: We recommend 4 standard pillowcases and 4 standard pillows. (You can add any decorative pillows depending on your design and aesthetic.)
- Duvet or comforter: This will go in between the two top sheets for added warmth and style.
Step 2: Start with the fitted sheet
The first sheet of the triple sheeting threat is the fitted sheet. Put this on top of your mattress and make sure it has a snug fit. You want to make sure it won’t move no matter how much your guests move around in the night.
Step 3: Add the first top sheet
Now, add the first top sheet. Consider this the bottom piece of bread in your sheet/duvet sandwich.
- Make sure that the front of the sheet is facing down so this is what your guests feel when they’re sleeping.
- Align the top of the sheet with the top of the mattress and center it evenly on both sides.
- You will have extra hanging over both sides and the bottom of the bed.
Step 4: Position the duvet
Now, it’s time to introduce the duvet, ie. the meat of this sandwich.
- Align the top of the duvet about 6 inches from the top of the mattress, and center it evenly on both sides.
- Place it on top of the middle sheet, leaving approximately 6 inches from the top edge of the mattress. This space allows for a visually pleasing border of the middle sheet to frame the duvet.
Step 5: Place the final top sheet
Next, add the final top sheet. This sheet will be the topmost layer, providing an extra touch of comfort and a polished finish to your bed.
Step 6: Fold Down
To create a clean and elegant look, fold down the top layer (the final top sheet) along with the middle sheet. This fold should reveal the beautifully framed duvet and provide a neat finish to your bed. Then fold again with the duvet.
Step 7: Tuck It All In
To secure the layers in place, tuck in the sides and foot of all three sheets and the duvet. This not only gives a tidy appearance but also ensures the sheets stay in place during the night.
Triple sheeting is a simple yet effective technique to elevate the comfort and aesthetics of your property. By following these steps, you can achieve a hotel-like experience right in your own property.
Need visual help? Watch this 1 minute video on how to Triple Sheet.